Week 38 June 9

0

Posted by kavery508 | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on June 9, 2014

fingerscrossed_80Fingers crossed for good weather this Thursday for our Field Day rain date! Please remember these important reminders:

grey shirt1. All students in our class are to wear GREY SHIRTS that day (this identifies them quickly for reasons of safety and for recording their achievements). 2. All sunscreen must be applied at home, not at school. 3. Well-fitting hats (e.g. baseball caps vs. big sun hats) are welcome. 4. Dress students for comfort: they will be very physically active and hot, and a few games involve water so expect a little wetness. 5. Sneakers are a must–no flip-flops. 6. Water bottles with names on them are a good idea! Thanks for your help: these preparations make a big difference!

spring concertYou’re invited! Our Spring Concert/End-of-Year Celebration will be held Wednesday, June 11, 9:30-10:15 in our Cafeteria. Similar to our Winter bash, we will be performing on the stage for family and friends, and we will remain after for photo opportunities and congratulations!

Some end of year info:

1. This week is the last spelling quiz. It will be on Thursday, not Friday.

2. Reading homework ends this week.

3. Math homework and fact quizzes are done!

4. The plants we have been raising will come home at the end of this week. You can continue observing them; plant them; or do as you wish!

5. Our mealworms have finally reached the pupa stage! We will observe them for one last week. These will NOT come home…they are an invasive species not native to our local environment (and I hear your collective sigh of relief). <“)

6. Though I do not know my class assignment next year, I will be teaching grade two. The administration has made the decision to split this year’s classes up for the sake of balance, so I know I will not be looping (I didn’t want you to be surprised when report cards come home with next year’s teacher)!

7. If you have been contacted by the reading program to receive summer reading books, I urge you to take advantage of this free program and to respond. It is essential that kids keep up reading skills or they are prone to lose what they have learned, a sad fact we have seen time and again.

8. It’s a good idea for all students to have a plan to keep reading this summer! I know the public library has offerings, and they have books at every student’s level. In addition, RAZ Kids will be available for only part of the summer. Please take advantage until our subscription runs out.

9. To encourage students to maintain and extend writing skills, I will be sending home a summer writing journal with directions next week as well.

We’re almost there!

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar