Week 17 December 21

0

Posted by kavery508 | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on December 21, 2015

images[5]

We’re almost there! Just a couple more snowflakes and we’re reached our goal and earned our special day. I’m proud of these young scholars for demonstrating perseverance while acting as responsible members of our caring community.

On Wednesday, we will celebrate by acknowledging each other’s accomplishments; singing together; making crafts, reciting seasonal poetry; writing a main event with description to accompany Raymond Briggs’ The Snowman; and more! As a special reward for demonstrating good work habits and social skills, students are invited to wear pajamas to school Wednesday. Please keep in mind the following guidelines for appropriateness and safety:

1. Kids will be going outside, so dress for the weather: PJs with tops and bottoms are best. Sweats work equally well, or a combination of the two.
  2. Sneakers or regular footwear are a must for coming to school/going home/recess. Kids are allowed (but not at all required) to pack slippers–but keep in mind they’ll be wearing them all over school, including the bathrooms!
  3. Nightgowns are not recommended but if they are worn, leggings or shorts must be worn underneath.
  4. Logos/pictures/captions on PJs are fine as long as they’re appropriate for school (e.g. sports, animals, Disney–nothing suggestive). Please contact me if you have questions regarding this.
  5. No toys, stuffed animals, or accessories, please.

Thanks for your help with the above, and for the countless ways you support your child’s learning. These kids are so well cared for physically, emotionally, and academically and I’m proud to be sharing their journey with you. I wish you the happiest of holidays, and all the best in 2016!

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar